Saturday, June 03, 2006

TO THE CHURCH


It wearies my heart to see my church leaders with titles and places of honor in high places. You have placed so many boundaries between my people and their God. There is only one way to their God, and he is my Son whom I sent to the earth for redemption.

Did not my Son instruct the church to refrain from calling any man Father? Did he not teach that you have only one Father who is in heaven? Did he not teach that you have one Master, the Christ?

Some of you have directed my people to pray to men and women. Are they gods? Do these icons possess the power to forgive sin, or to comfort the hurting soul? So too, the sound of your repetitive prayers are like cymbals to my ears.

Again I say, woe to you scribes and Pharisees because you have shut the way to the kingdom of heaven. You have made the gold of the temple worth more than the temple. You have laid aside justice, mercy and faith in return for your golden altars. And, in all this you carry my name! It is in vain.

Read my Word and encourage your flock to do the same. What is more worthy your customs or my Word. Repentance through the death and resurrection of my Son is the only way to the kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home