Sunday, February 12, 2006

TO THE EAGLE ON THE COASTLANDS


Say to the Coastlands:

Because you set your cities and laws to honor me, I have favored you with peace on your shores and prosperity in your towns. But now, you have forgotten your first love, and I have this against you.

You have sacrificed your children to other gods. These have been your gods: convenience, pride, fear, tolerance for evil and persecution of all that is righteous. You have removed my name and my laws from your buildings and your hearts, and the love you had for me has dimmed. You replaced that love with ideas, money, power and pleasure. No longer do you carry my name as a standard; for that which is evil is counted as righteous and that which is righteous is counted as evil.

Return to my ways or I will pierce your hearts with terror. I will shame you before the entire world with reproach. They will sing and dance in their streets at your demise, and those left will wail with mourning for all that has been lost. I will bring fire where your hearts have grown cold. I will bring devastation where your pride has grown without regard.

You will be judge, each according to his own heart so you will see the mercy and the justification of the Lord. Those who turn their hearts to me will be caught up into my protective hand, and there I will hide you from your enemies.

There is still a little time - Choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home