Thursday, February 23, 2006

TO THE SONS OF BABYLON


Beloved say to the sons of Babylon:

Freedom brings forth peace and joy, but you have forfeited your freedom to the enemy. The enemy attacks expecting a certain reaction, and you have played into their hands. Your retaliation is what they expected from you. Your enemies are stealing your freedom from you, for by your violent reactions, you have handed them your freedom and your future peace and joy.

I see your pain from their onslaughts, and I know you are weary with their intolerance and hatred, but I say to you - do not give the enemy your peace. Instead, speak forgiveness with your mouth. Do it unto me, and I will ensure their defeat. The whole world will see their destruction - if you will just turn to me instead of their actions.

"The Lord has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him that is weary. Morning by morning he wakens, he wakens my ear to hear those who are taught. The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I turned not backward. I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

For the Lord God helps me; therefore, I have not been confounded; therefore I have set my face like a flint and I know that I shall not be put to shame, he who vindicates me is near." Isaiah 50:4-8 RSV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home