Wednesday, February 15, 2006

TO THE FIRST BORN OF ABRAHAM


"Bear fruit that befits repentance, and do not presume to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father'; for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." Matthew 3:8-10 RSV

Say to the First Born of Abraham:

You have set your hearts on being the first born of Abraham, but have you not read my word? When have I ever chosen the first born? When Cain and Abel sacrificed to me, which did I accept and which did I reject? Do you remember "Jacob, I loved, but Esau I hated"?

The only first born worthy was my Son - sent as a bridge between your sin and my mercy. His sacrifice was worthy because he was without sin. I am the creator of all - and I say to you that judgment of my creation does not belong to you; judgment belongs to God.

You prostrate your bodies in prayer, yet your heart is still standing in pride and hatred. Come to me instead, in humility through my Son, and I will hear your prayers. I will remove your oppression when your hearts are set on forgiveness. I will honor your prayers when you show mercy to your enemies. Let your God exalt you and place you on the mountains.

Each man will be judge according to his own heart. Set your heart on me and I will release you to peace and prosperity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home