Sunday, June 11, 2006

TO MY PEOPLE AND THE NATIONS


Beloved, say to my people:

"And if in a safe land you fall down, how will you do in the jungle of the Jordan?" Jeremiah 12:5 RSV Gird yourselves for the hour will come for standing. The hour will come for running. Exercise your spirit, soul and body, for in a day of turmoil you will need my Spirit, soundness of your mind and soul, and the bodily strength to do all I have set before you. Do not wait upon the shepherds to teach you my ways; for I will bring each person to account on the health of their spirit. When your soul aches, do not run to and fro seeking solace from the world, but turn to me. When your body has wearied, seek my face for restoration. It is your responsibility for: Many shepherds have destroyed my vineyard, they have trampled down my portion, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness." Jeremiah 12:10 RSV

Beloved, say to the nations:

Do not close your spirit, soul and body from my people. I have placed my vision inside their spirit and when you hear from them; you hear from me. Open your hearts. You will not hide behind your leaders for I will bring each person to account for his own actions. I am a God of wills - which way have you bent your will? Do you seek destruction or restoration? Do you seek peace or strife? Choose, but choose wisely. For there will be a day of reckoning based on your choice. When you stand before me with your excuses, accusations against your brother or explanations, they will count for naught. My decision will be based on your decisions made within the secret place of your heart.

"Thus says the Lord concerning all my evil neighbors who touch the heritage which I have given my people Israel to inherit; 'Behold, I will pluck them up from their land, and I will pluck up the house of Judah from among them. And after I have plucked them up, I will again have compassion on them, and I will bring them again each to his heritage and each to his land. And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people to swear by my name, As the Lord lives, even as they taught my people, to swear by Ba'al, then they shall be built up in the midst of my people. But if any nation will not listen, then I will utterly pluck it up and destroy it, says the Lord." Jeremiah 12:14-17 RSV


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home